When making reservations at an Illinois bed & breakfast inn for your vacation or weekend getaway, here are some things you’ll want to know before you travel…
- Ask lots of questions of the innkeeper: every inn is different and so are their policies.
- Confirm that breakfast is included and what is usually served.
- If you have special dietary restrictions, please advise the innkeeper in advance.
- Ask for clarification of their cancellation policy.
- Many of our inns are small, and they rely on advance bookings to keep their rooms full. Find out what happens to your deposit in the unfortunate event that you’d have to cancel.
- Policies on smoking, pets, and children vary considerably.
- Be sure to clarify your needs over the phone: it will make both you and the innkeeper more comfortable.
- Some bed & breakfasts have shared bath facilities. If the inn you are considering falls into that category, you may want to know how many guests will potentially be using the same restroom.
- Be sure to obtain a map and/or written directions to the inn.
Get their exact street address and take their phone number with you. Maps found on the Internet can be helpful, but they may not be accurate enough to get you to the doorstep.